Graduation is just around the corner but the flowers are just too exorbitant during the season, not to mention unattractive as well! It would be a great idea to DIY it to save some cost, so I made myself one and I am stoked with how it turned out to be! I am sure it would make a great gift for yourself or your loved ones.
MATERIALS :
Faux flowers
I got some pink roses and baby breaths from Kaison for around RM40. You may use real flowers instead, I just thought that it would be impractical since real flowers wilt in a week's time or so.
Tissue wrapping paper
I used a white and a pink wrapper each to match the colours of the flowers and it costed me around RM5. You can find it from gift shops.
Clear wrapping paper (Optional)
Graduation bear - I reused the one from home, probably for my sister's graduation years ago.
Ribbons - I bought a black ribbon for RM6 from Popular in addition to a transparent one that I already have.
Jute strings
Long stick (Optional)
Scissors
01. Arrange the flowers to your liking and tie it up with jute strings.
02. Attach the bear to your long stick using jute strings and position it with your flowers. You may choose to attach the bear directly to the flowers but you have to ensure that it is totally secured. You would not want your bouquet to fall apart during your graduation, do you?
03. Estimate the desired height of the bouquet and cut off any excess stem or stick.
04. Wrap the bouquet with white tissue wrapper followed by pink wrapper and tie the bottom part with jute strings. If you like, you can wrap another layer of clear wrapping paper to give it an extra touch.
05. Lastly, finish it off with a ribbon bow and your graduation bouquet is done!
Happy Graduation!





0 comments