Aging

By Mae Yeap - May 16, 2018


Ever feels like time really flies? One day when you look at your parents, you suddenly realize that they are growing old. You can actually spot the wrinkles, the loose skins, the aching muscle and the shaking hands. Tears came to my eyes thinking that they might leave me one day. I cannot imagine my life without them. How I wish there is no death in this world and we could all live our current lives until eternity. 

My friends once asked me what I would ask for if I am given a wish and I told them that I will wish for the disappearance of death from this world, which means eternal life. They disagreed with my idea since we would be so sick of it after living hundreds of years. They argued with me non-stop and in the end, I was just too tired to explain my thinking to them. Sometimes, you just have to stay silent because no one can understand what is going on in your mind. 

All I hoped for is not to lose my current friends and family, who knows we might not meet them back in our next lives and even if we will, there will be no memories of them at all, none! And what happens if we meet a trash family and lives a tortured life in our next lives? The list goes on endlessly and I just had to wish staying next to my current family members and friends, forever.

Maybe I am naive, maybe I have a childish mind, but that is my wish and it will never change, at least in the near future. However, in reality, life goes on and we have to follow the rule, whether we like it or not. Every second, our times are counting down, just like how a candle is burning out. What we can do is, in the time we have left, appreciate life and people around us. Do not let ourselves regret when time is finally up because there will be no way to rewind it.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments